What are the stereotypes of undocumented immigrants that Frank was operating on before he met the Gonzales family?
For the next essay, you will watch the following episode of 30 Days (48 mins) and write an essay that answers the questions below.
Note: The language and sentiments expressed in the video can be difficult to hear.
1. What are the stereotypes of undocumented immigrants that Frank was operating on before he met the Gonzales family? Describe at least two while referencing examples from the video.
2. Where/how do you think his prejudices (pre-judgments) were formed?
3. What did Frank come to learn about the Gonzalez family that changed his mind? Describe two things he learned.
4. Obviously, not everyone has the ability to move in with someone that they hold prejudices about. What can we take from this video on how to overcome prejudice and stereotypes?
5. Given what we’ve learned about social class and race/ethnicity, use one of the theoretical perspectives (functional, conflict, or interaction) in our course materials to describe/analyze the inequality and the “American dream”.
be sure to put quotation marks around any direct quotes that are not yours. Cite both paraphrased and quoted material.Discuss at least 5 different sociological concepts.
Paper format should be double-spaced, 12 point font, with 1 margins and references in ASA citation format.500 words minimum.Tags: before, frank, gonzales, immigrants, operating, stereotypes, undocumented