Identify initiatives taken by Yahoo since 2001 in the areas of (a) leadership style, (b) strategic directions, (c) organizational structure, (d) human resource practices, and (e) corporate culture.
The following link: http://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/access/70345461
contains three case studies conducted by Harvard and Stanford Business Schools. The
total cost is about $13.
Company website, industry and company news, annual reports, etc.
ABI/INFORM Complete (ProQuest) at
Yahoo has had seven CEOs since 2001:
Marissa Mayer (20122017)
Ross Levinsohn Interim (2012)
Scott Thompson (2012)
Tim Morse Interim (20112012)
Carol Bartz (20092011)
Jerry Yang (20072009)
Terry Semel (20012007)
In this project, we divide Yahoos history since 2001 into four eras:
(1) the Semel era;
(2) the Yang era;
(3) the Bartz era;
(4) the MTLM (Morse, Thompson, Levinsohn & Mayer) era.
1. Identify key industry trends that have emerged and affected Yahoo since 2001.
2. Identify Yahoos key competitors since 2001.
3. Identify Yahoos performance relative to its key competitors using multiple measures
(e.g., financial performance, stock performance, market share, new service introductions)
4. Identify initiatives taken by Yahoo since 2001 in the areas of (a) leadership style, (b)
strategic directions, (c) organizational structure, (d) human resource practices, and (e)
corporate culture. Special attention should be paid to the initiatives taken to promote
innovation and corporate entrepreneurship.