Description: Describe, evaluate and discuss application of a nursing theorist ( Mid-range theorist, Cornelia Maria Ruland, regarding end of life care theory) Develop a 8-10 paper excluding the title and reference pages, using apa style to address the following elements:
1.describe the theorist background in detail and discuss how their experiences have impact the theory development.
2. examine crucial references for the original and or current work of the theorist and other authors writing about the end of life care theory.
3. Identify the phenomenon of concern or problems addressed by the theory ( What helped develop the theory).
1. Describe the major concepts of the theory. How are the defined? ( theoretically and/or operationally). Is the author consistent in the use of the concepts and other terms in the theory?
2. Interpret how the concepts are defined. Implicitly or explicitly?
3. Examine the relationship ( propositions) among the major concepts.
1. Identify explicit and implicit assumptions ( value/beliefs) underlying the theory. On what assumptions does the theory build?
2. Examine if the theory has a description of the four metaparadigm concepts of nursing. If so, how are they explained in the theory? If the metaparadigm is not explained, what elements do you see as relevant to the theory and why?
3. Discuss the clarity of the theory. Did it have lucidness and consistency?
1. Examine how the theory would guide nursing action.
2. Describe specifically how you can use this theory in your practice area as a family nurse practitioner.
3. Choose a research article that uses the selected theory and explain how the theory is used to guide research. Specifically address the variables and hypotheses of the research and how they relate to the theory. A summary of the research must be included as an introduction to the explanation. Submit a copy of the (PDF only of the article you wrote about) with the paper.
1. Summerize the framework and the theory
2. Summarize the research
3. Identify the variables of the research and match them to the concepts of the theory.
4. Identify how the metaparadigms of nursing are established in the research.