The topic for the research paper is Discrimination and racial profiling in Immigration Reform and how this is affecting DACA recipients. The research paper needs to be argumentative, not solely informative. The files attached include all the information mentioned below.
Minimum length: 2,500 words, excluding the Works Cited (8-9 pages)
Documented in correct MLA style with in-text citations and a correctly formatted Works Cited page (Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, with one inch margins)
Minimum number of sources: ten (10)
o At least six peer-reviewed sources
o A maximum of four popular sources (a TED talk, an article from a credible magazine or newspaper, an interview, a news clip, a documentary, a credible .gov/.edu/.org website).
A successful argument will contain:
A strong introduction that provides context for your thesis.
A clear, concise, and defined thesis statement that appears in your introduction.
Body paragraphs that include evidential support (whether factual, logical, statistical, or anecdotal).
A successful incorporation and refutation of the opposition
Smooth transitions between paragraphs that logically guide the reader from one idea to the next
A conclusion that does not simply restate the thesis, but readdresses it in light of the evidence provided.
– Content: (45 points)
– Thesis Statement: (15 points)
– Development, Support, Evidence: (30 points)
– Organization/Structure: (25 points)
– Introduction: (5 points)
– Narration (Background Information/Context): (5 points)
– Confirmation (Body Paragraphs, Transitions): (5 points)
– Refutation and Concession (Addressing the Opposition): (5 points)
– Conclusion: (5 points)
– Use of Rhetorical Appeals (Ethos, Pathos, Logos): (10 points)
– Style/Grammar/Sentence Structure: (10 points)
– Use of MLA(8th) style citation: (10 points)