– 45 double spaced pages; Times New Roman 12pt font
– Use research to make an argument about texts meaning and to support those claims.
Include the primary source and at least 2 scholarly secondary sources (not including your textbook or other assigned readings). All sources should be cited correctly. See course policies about citations.
– Sections: information on author and historical context of document; analysis/interpretation of document; relevance of document to Christianity or ideas in the course.
– Address principles and ideas; do not use slander or inflammatory rhetoric.
– Grammar counts. Proofread the paper and follow course policies regarding language.
– This paper will be submitted online through Canvas and Turnitin.com. No late essays will
For the extra credit paper, choose one of the following primary source texts to write on:
– Vatican II, Gaudium et Spes, the Pastoral Constitution on the Church in the Modern
World; Focus on Preface, Introduction, and Part 1: The Church and Man’s Calling (Chapters 14) for analysis, but read the entire document: http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat ii_cons_19651207_gaudiumetspes_en.html
– Dorothy L. Sayers: Creed or Chaos? [online]
– Martin Luther King, Jr.: Letter from Birmingham Jail
– Ada Maria IsasiDiaz et al. “Mujeristas: Who We Are and What We Are About.” [online]
Focus on sections by IsasiDiaz, but read the entire document.
I have attached the 2 sources that say online, the grading rubric, and the citation information.Tags: address, ideas, principles, roman, times